Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Update &FO

I have started my Autumn Rose a few days ago and it's looking good. It has been a long time since I've knitted Fair Isle but I am really enjoying it. The pattern is charted so it is easy to follow. Again I forgot to do a swatch but I think it will be ok. this wool feels so different to me . It's almost coarse and when I put it against my skin I think it might irritate but it doesn't. It's totally different to their lace yarn. The colours in this yarn are warm, really rich and beautiful.


Above is a picture of Kim's scarf -Here and There Cables- by Norah Gaughan in progress. The wool is Cascade 220 in the colourway Mallard. I love this colour it is a really rich bluey green, I am using US7 needles but I think I should have gone up one size bigger as I think the material it's creating is a bit too dense. But I am not frogging it now, I guess I should have done a swatch, trouble is I am not use to doing watches and when I do want to do one I forget.I have finished the Hemlock for my friend Yvonne and as you can see above it is blocking. Yeah!!!! I have also bought some more Eco Wool from Yarns Online when I needed to get extra wool to finish this. I was half way through casting off when I ran out, lucky for me Meaghan had some of the same dye lot left. I also bought some in the Vanilla colour and I think that one I will knit for us. It will have to go in the que with the many other items that I want to knit and I would also like to knit matching pillow covers.
I don't know what the hell is going on with blogger but it has taken me 3 hours to blog this little bit and it is now 10.35, I am really tired so I am off to bed. Hope you all had a great weekend and a Happy Thanks Giving!

2 comments:

Donna (Random Knits) said...

Your Hemlock looks gorgeous, Helen! And I can't wait to see Autumn Rose as it progresses :)

monica said...

OK I hope this i snot a duplicate but blogger is being difficult today.
Your Hemloock is beautiful. What is the finished diameter on that? My daughter so wants a round blanket, and I may have to make her this one.

looking forward to seeing more of the Autumn Rose.