Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

FO's and Book

I forgot to post a picture of my completed Hemlock the other day. So here it is in all it's glory. I am very happy how it turned out. I am meeting up with it's recipient on the 14th and it's all wrapped up and ready to go. I will let you all know what she thinks of it.

A half finished item. ... One down one to go....a sock for my daughters boyfriend. The yarn is Opal and I really like the colours. I hope he does too! You can read more of a write up on it at Souther Summer of Socks blog.

I have been naughty again and have made a few more additions to my knitting library.

Apart from my love of knitting socks and lace, my other serious love is knitting cables. I went out and purchased these three books from Janet Szabo of Big Sky Knitting. The book on "I Hate to Finish Sweaters" I bought because it so applies to my attitude to finishing jumpers. Of course I started reading that one first.

I've read a lot of fantastic reviews about her books and although I've only had time to have a quick look through them they seem to be very good and very informative. Janet was really lovely she wrote a personal note in all three. Hopefully I will get some reading time during my summer holidays.


And speaking of summer, on Saturday and Sunday it was really hot and muggy here in Melbourne but where did the cat want to take a Sunday nap.......right on the couch with Kim, under his legs no less snuggled up right against him.

Melbourne is very well knows for it's "four seasons in one day" but on Monday the weather turned ridiculous, we had torrential rain. Of course I was at work all day and couldn't save our billiard room from getting flooded. Thank goodness it wasn't as bad as it was a couple of years ago. But the carpet still got wet and smelly. The insurance company have sent out guys with big dryers that have to run for five days to dry out the carpet. They said it will be better then new by the time they are finished with it.

On the home front I have good news, on Saturday I went house hunting and found a lovely house for us to move into. No luck on the down sizing though but at least it's lovely and clean.

Well that's it from me, happy knitting, blogging and ravelry-ing!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Hemlock looks beautiful-lucky is the recipient!

Melbourne weather sounds like Vancouver weather. The saying here is if you don't like the weather - wait 1/2 an hour, it'll change. ;)

How is Kim doing? I hope all is well!

monica said...

The Hemlock is lovely. I think I will make that for my daughter.... but not until after Christmas.

Good Luck in the house hunting. I hope you find just the right one.

Kate said...

Hi Helen,

I'm not sure if you're the Helenw I sent an invite to already. If not, sorry, you're request to join the Yarn KAL got lost in an older post! Could you please email me (kathrynthorne at hotmail dot com) so I can send you a Blogger invite for the KAL? I can't join people unless I've an email. If you are Helen W but you've lost your Yarn KAL invite, just email me and I'll send it again.

Cheers
Kate

Looking forward to seeing what you'll knit.

2paw said...

The Hemlock looks so wonderful!! What a great knit it is!! It is hot here, we have had round about 30* for a week and we are all melting. It is too hot to live, let alone knit!!! Happy New Year to you!!!!