Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday 25th August 08

A quick update as it's late and I am tired. Kim cannot have surgery the reason they said is because it's too risky. Chemotherapy is the only supposed option and he doesn't really want to have it because it didn't do anything the first time except perhaps brought stage two on much quicker because it destroys the immune system and the body has nothing to fight it with. He is maintaining the Budwig diet very well and we hope that it will help.

On the knitting update side of things here are a couple of photo's of the Shoulder Shawl I am knitting for my sister in law. I love the colour and the pattern and hopefully she will too. Although I don't know if she is very keen on hand washing I know not many of us are and that is what she will have to do as I am knitting it from Debbie Bliss Pure Silk definitely a hand wash item.

I have finished the centre triangle all I have left to do is the edge I guess it's still a lot, probably more time consuming then the centre was.

I bought some lovely new yarn from Katie at Live2Knit the first one is Lydia an 8ply cashmere&mohair blend in Tidal colourway. I am making the Lacy Prairie Shawl from Folk Shawls out of this yarn but I am not too sure if I will have enough yarn I may need to do less repeats. The yarn is beautiful and soft to knit and the colours are so subtle they don't take anything away from the lace pattern. I will definitely use it again.

This one is from Katie as well it's Rita sock yarn in Sea Star colourway not sure yet sock pattern I will knit from these.That's it from me hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

monica said...

You and Kim are in my thoughts and prayers. i am so sorry to hear they did not give you more options.

Your shawl looks lovely, I often find the edging to be more time consuming than the body of the shawl. It is absolutely beautiful. As is the new yarn. I really like that sock yarn, it reminds me of sunshine and flowers.

Take care.

Maureen said...

Hi Helen,
I've been away from home for a few weeks and out of range of the internet so haven't read your blog for awhile. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your husband...all of your family. I truly hope the diet will aid in Kim's fight. All the best to you.