Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Some Knitting

Here's a small post of some of the knitting I have been doing.

Back at the end of March my wonderful late husband bought me some gorgeous yarns from The Yarn Girls and he also bought me three great knitting books. "Early Mother's Day present" he said to me.

And he asked me to knit a scarf from this lovely MarL La by Classic Elite Yarns.

It turned out really lovely and it's been cold here in Melbourne lately so I wore it today for the first time when I went out with my Mum and she made a comment what a lovely yarn and scarf it was. She had no idea how special this scarf is to me until I told her.

Every time I'll wear this scarf I will always feel that he is with me because he saw me make it and he really loved it.
Commelina is finally finished also I feel like it took for ever to do. I am really happy whith the way it turned out. I used Sea Silk by Hand Maiden Autumn colourway absolutely beautiful to knit with and even though the yarn is variegated the lace still stands out beautifully. There seems to be a bit of a halo from the silk which doesn't really appeal to me but I am still pleased with the out come. I guess that's all for now. Thank you once again to all of you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers it means a lot to us and we will never forget it and we very much appreciate it.

Thank You!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Dear Helen,
I've been away from blogging and the reading of my favourite blogs for a few months now and so I was not aware of your loss. My heart goes out to you!

My sincerest sympathies,
Maureen

Rebecca said...

Helen, what a bittersweet story. What a sweet husband he was to buy the yarn and request a particular pattern so that when it was knit you could always have him near your heart!

The autumn scarf is stunning and I'm going to write down the yarn and pattern for my queue!

Limerikee said...

Helen,
I just wanted to tell you that your story is touching...I have never met you - probably never will but I work at a Cancer Center in the USA and when I was reading about your husband it just touched my heart! God bless you and your son - I hope that your hearts are healing fast. Thank you for blessing my day.