Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 20, 2011

A New Addition

 Meet Zeus the Bengal kitten I bougt for my DS for Christmas.  And my oh my it's been a very long time since we've had a kitten and I have forgotten how naughty they can be and I think that perhaps this breed is naughtier then most.  But he is very adorable and my DS loves him even though it chewed up not one and not two but three of his XBox head sets and one normal set of headphones.  He is a very clever little thing too because he seems to know that he blongs to my son because he sleeps with him and his is the only lap Zeus sits on.  Our Siamese boy has adjusted very well to the new addition and so has our dog.
 And now to knitting matters I have decided to join a KAL on Ravelry for the 3/4 Hap shawl by Veera and chose to use Kaalund 2ply using two strands together to make fingering weight which is what this pattern calls for.  Hopefully it will work out well.  It was really difficult to decide on which yarn and colour to choose and hopefully the green has enough of the yellow/orange in it so that the two colours compliment each other.
My other project I want to knit is Shawl Collared Cowl by Never Not Knitting and using the above yarn by DIC the only problem I have is I can't find the right buttons for it so I plan to go to a special button shop we have in East Malvern and see if they have any but I must not forget to take the yarn with me so that I can match it up properly.  I always, always forget to take the yarn!!!

I have also decided to participate in a Test Knit which I've never done before so I am quiet excited about that.  The only thing I can say about it at the momement is that I am using Malabrigo worsted yarn.  Of course the weather is warming up over the next couple of days so I don't think I will be working in it for a few days.  Which is not a bad thing as Laar is still on the needles and I haven't worked on it for a couple of days and so is the Shale Baby Blanket by Jared Flood and I am close to finishing the blanket so it's good as it's been a while since I've had a finished project.  Sloan and Sack Boy were the two I FO's in December 
Well that's it from me after such a long dry spell of not blogging please excuse me if there are errors but it's very late here and I am extremely tired.

I am really going to try very hard to blog on a regular basis.

Happy Knitting Everyone!!!

1 comment:

2paw said...

Zeus is absolutely gorgeous!!! I am glad everyone is getting on so well.