Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Parcels

I had a very busy weekend for a change I had friends and my brother and his wife for dinner on Saturday night.  It was just a last minute thing I planned and it worked out really well we all had a wonderful time.  I made rib eye roast as that is one of my most favourite things and I can only have roast when I have visitors as I can't just make roast for myself.  Roast to me is a meal that needs to be shared  plus you can't just make a small amount.  We had pumpkin, potato, broccoli and carrots and for sweets we had Connoisseurs Vanilla ice cream with blueberries,strawberries and raspberries marinated in Cointreau a very simple but very tasty meal. 

Then today (Sunday) I had my parents and my daughter and her partner for lunch we had chicken schnitzel with rise and pickled cucumber and ice cream and berries for desert.  We take turns having Sunday lunch between my daughter and my mum.  I love having family Sunday lunches because it reminds me of the  Sunday lunches we had at my paternal Grandparent's place when I was a little girl with my cousins and aunties and uncles and how much I use to enjoy them. 

The kitten is growing nicely he is so cute. But Bengals I find are not as cuddly or as affectionate as other cats or dogs.  Here is a picture of him semi sitting on my son's lap and Bing all sitting on the couch.
Our poor old Siamese boy is not very happy to have a new kitten in the house mostly because the kitten wants  to play with him so continually chases and pounces on the old boy.  And as for our dog well he doesn't mind having the kitten around as long as he gets as much attention as the cats he doesn't care and of course we try to give them all equal amounts of attention.... I just wish they would allow me to sleep in occasionally....she SIGHS...                      
 A couple of parcels arrived for me last week.  One was the long awaited Victorian writers club from Woolgirl  the Sherlock Holmes theme
Woolgirl Victorian Writers Club
details as per below:
Author: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Dyer: Zen Yarn Garden
Designer: Anne Hanson
Project: Socks
Very gorgeous colour sock yarn very tempted to get more and knit a jumper but I am going to be good.  

The other is yarn I bought from Virtual Yarns for the Rosemarkie KAL I will be doing with the Mara Class Yahoo group and boy I will need all the help I can get as I've never  done any steeking before.  And I thought while I was getting yarn for Rosemarkie I may as well get the yarn for Eala Bhan the colour is Wild Orchid which is a gorgeous purple but it has speckles of other colour in it, very pretty.   

Rosemarkie yarn on the left and Eala Bhan on the right

That's it from for for this week.  Stay safe and well and happy knitting to all !!!!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can't wait for my Virtual Yarns package to arrive with Rosemarkie in it. If you can knit Eala Bhan then you can for sure knit Rosemarkie!

Rebecca said...

I can't wait for my Virtual Yarns package to arrive with Rosemarkie in it. If you can knit Eala Bhan then you can for sure knit Rosemarkie!