Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 08, 2006

I am very new to knitting socks but I signed up for the - Socktoberfest - here are my answers to the questions:

When did you start making socks?

Although I have been knitting for over 20 years I only started knitting socks this year. My inspiration came from Yarn magazine, the issue they did on socks.

Did you teach yourself or were you thought by a friend or relative? Or on a class?

I just followed a pattern from Yarn magazine.

What was your first pair?

My first pair were the Sister Socks from Yarn Magazine

How did they “held up” over time?

Well, they were only just finished not long ago so can’t comment yet.

What would you have done differently?

Nothing at the moment as I haven't knitted enough pairs to know.

What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?

Lorna’s Laces Shepherd sock yarn and Wildfoote by Brown Sheep Co

Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?

I like using DPNs and I don’t crochet

Which kind of heel do you prefer?

Haven’t knitted enough socks yet to know.

How many pairs have you made?

Only two but I intend to knit a lot more.

And now for my hot sock swap, I have ordered the yarn and of course couldn't help but buy some for me too. Very naughty I know but you all know how it is. All I need to do now is buy a few other gifts with it and send it off to Canada. Parcels need to be out by the 21st of October so I'm hoping I can send mine off by the end of this week.

I haven't done any knitting today as I went to the movies with my daughter to see "The Devil Wears Prada" it was a good movie and Amy and I really enjoyed it. Amy read the book and she said it was pretty much keeping in with the story. Now I should really go and do some ironing but I think I will knit instead I have a terrible headache and I think some relaxation is in order. So no lace knitting for tonight only some mindless knitting.

Hope you all have a great week ahead.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved your answers!