Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Australia Day
I hope you all had a lovely Australia Day yesterday, the weather here in Melbourne was perfect. We went to two barbeque's yesterday, one at lunchtime with our Mother's group, yes after 10 years we still meet up at the last Friday of each school holiday and with our husbands once a year at the end of the summer holidays. And the other was at our lovely neighbors house in the evening.

Sock Blockers - are now ready for sale and I have put some up on ebay, I hope that they will do well, I am very excited about them.

If you don't mind I would love some feed back on it please. If you could let me know what you think of them would be very much appreciated.

Does the engraving look good where it is or should we place it elsewhere?

Should we have different styles of writing or just stay with the one we've got? Those sort of things. We are selling them wholesale as well and we have already sold 10 sets to an Internet yarn store here in Australia.
I am very excited about the whole thing as it was my idea and I am in the process of designing a of other personalised items for knitters.







This is a picture of my prize that I won from Katt, 4ply sock yarn that arrived in the mail on Thursday.
I love the colours and the wool feels nice. I haven't decided what sock pattern I am going to use yet.

I tried to wind it into a ball at 11.30 last night and got into an awful tangle with them. I only purchased the wool winder recently on eBay and
I guess I need more experience using the darn thing this is the third time I've used it and twice I tangled up the wool. Not to worry, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually.

I finished only one sock for my Vintage Sock KAL January challenge, that's a bit disappointing. And to top it off they are too small for Kim anyway, I promised him I will knit him another pair. I'll need to find a pattern his size, they need to be size 12.

These will have to go to someone else as a present or I can always keep them for myself. They feel lovely and soft and comfy, I really like Lorna's Laces Shepherd sock yarn.

I have also been out job hunting, things are pretty tight at the moment so I've decided to go and look for employment and let Kim look after our own business for now.

I think I may have found something but I have to wait and see. It's just a maternity leave position for 12 months or less, but I guess it's a good way to return back into the workforce. It will be hard I guess to go and work for someone else again after such a long time, but it must be done. I guess I won't have as much time to blog either.

I will just need to be more organised!

I have not been for a job interview for over 15 years and let me just say that it was rather nerve wrecking. I will find out next week if I've got the job.

That's about all for today. Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

1 comment:

Bells said...

oh I want some!!!! I so want sock blockers with my name (Helen) on them! Off to check ebay now!