Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 16, 2007

Work

Well I started my new job on Monday and so far so good. I am enjoying it I guess it's like having a totally different life because when you are at work you have no time to think about home or knitting at least not yet anyway because I'm too busy learning my new job. I have no pictures today but will have on the weekend. I was very excited to because finally I got to join the
Knitting Blogs group, it was a long wait but I finally got there.

I take my socks to knit at lunch time to work and there are other girls there that knit but they are not as obsessive as I am plus it has been very hot here. I have been knitting at home at night too as lately I've had trouble sleeping . So I turn on my trusty fan in my sewing room and knit till all hours of the night until my eyes start to feel heavy and I am making mistakes.

I have been working on my Cameron Shawl for Heirloom Knitting and it's coming along very nicely. Haven't knitted my Rowan cardigan for ages cause it's been soooooo hot, but I will as soon as the temperature becomes a bit more bearable.

In Heirloom Knitting Yahoo group I met Anne who also lives in Melbourne and I am looking forward to meeting up with her. It's nice to meet someone who has the same interests as you. I am sure there other people in that group who live in Melbourne but Anne is the first one I met.

So we are going to organise to meet for coffee somewhere and have a chat and get to know each other. The other thing we have in common is that we both have grown up daughters and we love Siamese cats.

It was my Dad's 75th birthday on Valentine's Day and we went there for cake, champagne and tea. Amy apparently received some beautiful red roses, beautiful lingerie (3 sets because he couldn't make up his mind, so he decided to get all three) and some nice French champagne, and he cooked dinner for her. Talk about being spoiled!

I didn't get anything for Valentine's Day(we've been married too long I guess).

That's all my news for today, I promise I will post some pictures over the weekend.

Happy knitting to you all and hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments: