Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesday 24, June, 2008

I did a bit of stash enhancement.

I asked Daphne at the Kinttery if she would hand dye some lovely merino cashmere in Mahogany, and she did. It's a lovely colour and I can't wait to use it. I am planning to knit a shawl with these.
Somoko by Fleece Artists and the blue is hand dyed by Jolly Jumbuck a merino cashmere nylon blend. Love the colours.
I joined 52 Pair Plung 2 and needed (perhaps not) but definitely wanted more sock yarn. The two beauties I purchased from Jolly Jumbuck in WA.

And for something different I wanted to show you all this Oregano flower. And this was in the freezer for a couple of months and look at the colour of the flower. It stayed that lovely purple, it looks pink on my monitor but it is purple. I couldn't believe it kept it's lovely colour. Herbs always tend to have more in a bunch then you need I use to try and use them all up asap. But then one day we saw on the Nigela Bites cooking show that if you put your herbs in a brown paper bag in the freezer it will freeze very well. And may be a lot of you already knew about ths but DH and I didn't. So now each time we buy herbs we freeze what we don't need, but it must be done in a brown paper bag.

Work in progress is a picture of my Jo Sharp Tweed cardigan. I hate this part.......seaming together...... it always.... always takes me a lot longer then I expect. Oh well, what can I do it must be done.
And my final and most exciting news is I am going to the Bendigo wool show and will finally get to meet and catch up with some of my wonderful friends from blog land. Donna , Katie from Live2Knit and Meagan from YarnsOnLine will be there just to name a few. I can't wait, the show is a month away it's on the 18th to 20th July! And looking forward to some stash enhancement of course!

Happy Knitting!!!

2 comments:

monica said...

Lucky you being so close to The Knittery. I love her yarn. There are only a handful of shops here that stock it ... I think. All the new yarn is beautiful.

Have a great time at the Bendigo Wool Show. I am sure it will be a great time.

2paw said...

Love the Mahogany colour, it's beautiful. I didin't remember that about freezing herbs, so thank for the tip!!!