Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Saturday 2nd August 2008

Sorry it's been a while since my last blog. We've been to Bendigo and that was really great there are only two complaints I have and both were my stupid fault. Number one is Jared bought me a shawl pin that he watched being made and the other is I forgot my camera so I have no pictures.

It was really nice to meet Ravelry friends in person. Next year I will stay at breakfast longer so that I can get to meet and talk to more people. We all received a Ravelry badge which was great. To me it was a really nice way to show recognition that we are part of this wonderful group and are not forgotten no matter where in the world we live.
Below are my purchases; two books.... the Folk Shawls I've been wanting for ages so I am really happy with that. To die for Pear Tree Merino and Alpaca yarns. The gray are 2 ply and the black is 4ply. The blues and greens is "Angoraglow" hand painted by Lara Down the feel and the colours of this yarn is just amazing.....smooth... .soft....silky and very tactile. I have no idea what I am going to knit from it so for now I just bring it out every now and then to pat and admire its beauty.
I also received my order from Dublin Bay Yarn shop in Portland. It didn't even take ten days to get here, the service and communication I received was number one. The two skeins you can see here are BFL 2/8 and Ruby Red and Camelspun in Rose Garden by Fleece Artist. Can you believe the size of the BFL skein?
This one is BFL 2/8 in Rose. I've joined MS4 and will be using one of the BFL's to make my shawl. Not sure yet which colour I want to make it in. The Camelspun is also destined to become a shawl.
Originally the BFL's were going to be used to make Tempest but the two colours don't really compliment each other. You see I ordered some yarn for Tempest in the original colours that the design is in on Knitty but the US store I bought it from didn't send it insured or by priority post for which I paid for and two months later it still hasn't arrived. To say that I am extremely disappointed is an understatement. Needles to say I will never buy from her again. Of all the years of ordering from overseas this is the first time this has ever happened to me.

When I placed the order the items were in stock. But low and behold I had to send an email asking where my order was and was told that they are sorry there was a mix up and the yarn was sold to someone else.

The only time I received communication is when I sent email asking for an update. I have not heard anything for over 2weeks now. Somehow I don't think I will ever receive my order.

I have bought a new pattern today the Estonian Lace Christening Shawl I received an invite to join the KAL. & of course I jumped at the chance, can't wait to start.

That's about it from me for this week.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: