Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday February 22 2008

I have storage issues and have been buying some of these plastic tubs to put my stash in. So far I have bought four medium size (10 litre) ones but still need to get many more. I chose the medium size ones for easier handling because I find that the large are hard to move around.

I have also started listing my stash on Ravlery but am still a loooong way from done.

It has been extremely hot and very dry here in Victoria not really knitting weather but I have been doing some knitting.

My personal 2009 stash bust I am a little behind in but hope to catch up. I knitted Kim a pair of Seeded Rib Socks from Ann Budd's book Knitting Socks. It was a quick and easy knit. I used Araucania yarn which I bought from Yarns On Line. I used 3.75mm needles but probably should have used 3.25mm but I wanted to make a comfortable pair of socks for him as his feet seem to be swelling up a lot lately.

The green pair I knitted him a couple of years ago have a hole in the toe now and they need mending. He want's me to mend them as they are the pair he wore to his first lot of chemo treatment and want's to wear them to this lot as well. Says he doesn't care what colour I use for the mending he just wants them done so that he can wear them.
This treatment seems to be making him a lot more ill and he has lost a huge amount of weight.
In the past month he has lost 22kg/48lb the nurses and the doctors at the oncologist unit suggested we see a dietitian at our next visit which we will do. I am struggling to keep my spirits up but I must for everyone's sake. I try to keep myself busy to take my mind off things but that doesn't always work.

The William Street socks are my next item I need to finish which are part of the 2009 Stash Bust Bags. I love the way the cables look in these socks.

I try to work on all my other UFO's and must set aside one day a week for these. Thanks to Rebecca at Socks-for-Mum for inspiration I've joined the group on Ravelry - One Day A Week UFO's and bought myself an organiser to help get me organised.

I never use to be so disorganised. I don't know what or when it happened but I seem to have lost my organisational skills somewhere along the way. Perhaps it's part of getting old, who knows. And on that note that's it from me.

Happy knitting to all!

3 comments:

Blipp said...

hallo from Sweden, a lot of snow is falling this morning outside my window. We are placed on the uposite side of the globe. I will follow your example and start organise my stasch,some day......byby

monica said...

Kim will be happy to have those red socks and the mended green socks.

I am afraid to list my stash. I fear there will be more than I anticipate and I like believing I "need" more yarn.

I may have to look into this group. I have more than a few UFO's that need attention and I also seem to have lost my organizational skills. I could no doubt benefit from any group that will help with this.

Please remember to take time to care for yourself also, and you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

monica said...

Kim will be happy to have those red socks and the mended green socks.

I am afraid to list my stash. I fear there will be more than I anticipate and I like believing I "need" more yarn.

I may have to look into this group. I have more than a few UFO's that need attention and I also seem to have lost my organizational skills. I could no doubt benefit from any group that will help with this.

Please remember to take time to care for yourself also, and you are all in my thoughts and prayers.