Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's Been A While

Sorry it's been a while since I've last posted but it was a bit out of my control as we had to move house but that wasn't too bad.

The main hold up was organizing reallocation of our internet service. They told me it would take 3 days it took 21 we now have internet but we don't have land line so there is no house phone.

And to top it off they had to give me a new home number because of their stuff up although to be honest I didn't really mind the change in phone number. But that is not all... oh no... they also sent me a bill charging me for internet service and relocation fee none of which I should have been charged for..... but it's all sorted now and lucky for me I kept on top of it all. For all my trouble they have given me 30 day free phone and internet service.

And now for some knitting I have finished the Tilly scarf by Lisa Lloyd from A Fine Fleece. I had this in mind for a friends daughter but didn't get to finish it in time for her birthday in May so not sure who I will give it to now perhaps I will still give it to Sophie but as a very belated present. I love how the cables really stand out in this scarf.

I used 2 skeins of Cascade 220 in Candy Pink
5mm/US 8 Needles (probably should have used 1 size larger)


Remember the photo of all the gorgeous yarn from Virtual Yarns well I started on the Seaweed shawl and I am really enjoying knitting this. This is the first time I am using this yarn and the texture and the feel of it is just amazing. It's light and has a sort of spungie feel to it it's really really nice.

And now for my Seaweed shawl by Alice Starmore... surprise surprise I actually swatched (swatch picture below) and was quiet proud of myself perhaps I am starting to use my brain better in my older age?!
The photo below is of the actual shawl I am about 3/4 of a way through it can't wait till it's done.

And now I need to tell you about a fabulous online yarn store I found Lush Yarns . These girls have some beautiful hand dyed and hand spun yarns and the two gorgeous yarns below I bought from them.

The first is 50% merino 50%silk Lt Fingering Weight 700mt colour: Butter destined for a shawland two skeins of 20%Silk 20%Bamboo & 60%Wool 4ply Fingering weight in the colour: Envy a shawl too or socks.
Both these yarns are amazingly soft they feel beautiful to the touch. Next on my shopping list will be their handspun hand dyed yarn.
They also sent me this gorgeous sterling silver pearl stitch marker as a thank you with my order.

Well that is it from me for now. I guess the good part about not having an internet connection was that I got to do some serious knitting.

Take care all and very happy knitting!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Three weeks without internet service? Oh no! Your Seaweed Wrap looks beautiful in that shade. I didn't swatch for mine since it wasn't something that really needed to fit me. I've decided to go back and add fringe. What are you going to do?