Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Retruning to Blogland :)

Wow I cant believe it's been 8 months since I last blogged!

What made me return to blogging you ask? Well the other day I borrowed the movie Julie and Julia and yep that's what got me thinking that perhaps I should blog again. Will I keep it up...well that's anybody's guess really but I am willing to give it a darn good try.

It may be a bit hard to find the time some times what with having a full time job and house work, kids, pets etc but I am detrimined to give it a try.

Now even though I have not blogged I have been busy knitting because that's the only thing that helps me relax and takes my mind off the stressful things. I've been mostly knitting shawls and scarves. I have not knit any socks for a long time now and I must admit I am starting to miss it. When my cousin was here from Hungry I taught her how to knit socks and she has made 3 pairs so far. Isn't that great!!

And now for I've been up to. Firstly I knit a surprise scarf for my niece Sarah. I posted it to her in the mail and she loves the scarf and was very surprised when she received it. Apparently both colours are her favourite..blue and green and she loved the fact that the scarf is a long one.

The pattern is a Jo Sharp pattern from Knit 8.
Yarn used: both Jo Sharp of course:
Alpaca Silk Georgette in Devon
SoHo Summer DK Cotton in Grove





I also finished my Alice Starmore Seaweed shawl and I am really pleased with the way it turned out. The colour of the yarn is amazing and has a lovely feel to it and its a whapping 208 cm long. I will be able to wrapped it around myself on cold winter days and it will keep me lovely and warm. Infact it's more like a size of a small lap blanket.







I've also been bitten by the Ihbel bug and used Lush Yarn's 50% cashmere/silk which is an absolutely gorgeous yarn. It's ever so soft. The photo is showing it blocking but it was finished a long time ago it's just thats the best photo I had of it. I am thinking of giving it to my niece in Queensalnd for her 21st birthday. QLD has a very warm climate but it does get chilli there in winter so she would be able to use it.


I also made the Aestlight Shawl for my friend Stefanie who has breast cancer but thankfully is ok and in remission. The yarn was specially dyed and named after her by Michelle and Marie at Lush Yarn when they were doing special dyes for Pink Ribbon Day last year. This yarn is 50%Merino/Silk very nice yarn. I love this pattern and I made myself one also. For mine I used Mini Maiden by Hand Maiden Yarns.



I have also added a couple of important books to my knitting libarary.

1. Haapsalu Saal - Estonian Lace Book 2. Alice Starmore's Book of Fair Isle Knitting














Currently I am working on two shawls on is

The Shaped Triangle by Katie Nagorney I am using the gorgeous Wollmeise Lace-Garn in Aquarius and the other one is Alhambra by Anne Hanson and am using Fleed Artist Suri Blue which is a stunning yarn but the pattern is a very slow growing one so I tend to leave it for a while and then return to it. It's looking really nice though I do love it and will look great when it's finished I reckon. And I am also working on NaCraga for my son but have not touched it for a while as it's been way too hot here so waiting for the weather to turn cooler. And I am also working on Firecracker Jacket by Spud and Chloe.

And finally some Wollmeise sock yarn goodness. And that's it from me for now.







Happy knitting!!

1 comment:

monica said...

Welcome back to you also. Oh my everything looks so beautiful. You have been a busy knitter. i wish you luck it you return to blogging. I have gotten out of the habit of blogging and it proving to be difficult for me to return on a regular basis, but I am going to try also. So glad to hear from you again.