Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Off The Needles

Ok I have no idea what went wrong with blogger but when I uploaded the photos I got script instead. So please excuse me for having all the wording on the top of my page and not matching it with the photo's but unfortunately I don't have any choice.

I finished my Shaped Triangle finally. It's taken me four moths but I have knitted a lot of other projects in between hence the long time it took to finish. But finished it is and is happily blockin on my dining table. I couldn't find a place large enough to fit it on so it's not as well blocked as I would have liked. The colour of this yarn is so vibrant and intense I like it a lot. It's Wollmeise Lace garn and Claudia is amazing with her stunning colours. Also when I soaked it there was no colour loss in the water I've never had that before with hand dyed yarn.

Now the hard task of having to find another lace pattern. I am addicted to lace knitting so I always have to have lace on the needles. I have no idea what to choose next. Maybe some Estonian Lace?

I also re did the collar of my Candy Striped Cardigan because I didn't like how it sat. I took it off and knitted it onto the cardigan instead and sewed it down all around so the collar is sitting and looking much better. I wore it to work and received lots of nice comments. Love the Spud and Chloe sweater yarn it's warm and thick yet light to wear.

I bought some lovely yarn from Spinning Martha from Germany and Tweed sock yarn (purple one). I've not seen tweed sock yarn before I am looking forward to knitting with it.

And now for a bit off topic my son and I went to friends place for dinner last night and on the way home my car decided to play up I was very worried we would be stranded on the freeway but thank goodness we got home ok. I have no idea what's wrong with it and lately it has cost me a lot of money forss repairs. I guess it's time to buy another car. I really don't want to buy another car but it is nearly 14 years old so I guess it has served me well. It has been a very reliable car and there are many memories with it both very happy and very sad. It sounds stupid I know but I will miss it when it's gone.






Anyway that's it from me for the time being.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

MonicaKnits said...

That shawl is gorgeous. I love the Wollmeise.