Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 20, 2006

Lace, lace and more lace
Yeah they finally arrived in the mail today. I had the Victorian Lace Today on back order at Amazon since July. I only had a quick flick through it so I could post some picture up. The patterns look beautiful.

The Shawls and Scarves book looks great too, so later on when I put my son to bed I will have a really good read of both. Needless to say I won't be doing much knitting tonight.




Here are some pictures for inspiration















They are all so beautiful, it will be a very hard
decision which one to make first.
















Anyhow, I am off to do some serious reading of my lovely new lace books.

I also picked up some Knitpicks lace weight yarn on ebay so I will be able to use that for one of these projects. With all the stress I've been going through these past few weeks, these couldn't have arrived at a better time. Together with my bargain purchase at ebay yesterday they have really cheered me up.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

2 comments:

monica said...

Sit down with a cup of espresso and savor the quiet and enjoy the beautiful lace in the books and just relax a bit. I cannot imagine being in the toy business at this time of year. At least the hussle and bussle will slow down to a tolerable level soon. Can't wait to see which beautiful piece of lace you knit first.

Anonymous said...

those books look amazing! I'm so inspired. Where did you order them from?

I'm having a very stressful time too and am finding lace knitting (just a beginner) so soothing. I lose myself in it completely. Hope the same goes for you.

(from another Helen...)