Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 15, 2007

Hello I'm Back

Sorry I haven't posted for ages, but somehow I managed to catch a nasty coughing virus and have not been feeling too crash hot for the last couple of weeks. I'd wake up in the middle of the night and have a mega huge coughing fit at least twice during the night. I am really exhausted from it.

So I finally relented yesterday and went to see my doctor (I hate having to take medication) and she put me on antibiotic and also Ventolin.

As promised the las time i blogged, I have some pictures for you of the beautiful Cashmere and Sari Silk I bought at the mini wool expo in Brunswick a couple of weeks ago. The Cashmere is a beautiful colour they call it Peony there is 1680 meters so I can knit myself a gorgeous shawl. As for the Sari Silk I don't know yet what it will become. I still feel like an idiot for not buying all the purple to make myself a top.

I also have a couple of pic's for you from when we went to Ararat a few weeks ago for a long weekend. Kim hired out this gorgeous little miners cottage. We were even allowed to take the dog and he had a lovely dog house set up as well. Jared brought a friend along too and both boys enjoyed themselves.
Here's a picture of the little miners cottage we stayed in. Isn't it gorgeous! And here are the three boys checking out the kitchen and all the decorations. It was a nice fun weekend. I took some knitting as it's a three hour drive from where we live. We took the boys to a couple of
museum's including this Chinese museum which was built not long ago in honor of the early Chinese settlers. And we also went to the Grampions National Park, it's such a beautiful part of Victoria. Ararat was founded by the Chinese who came here at the time of the gold rush. I wanted to see an Alpaca farm that's around there but we couldn't find it and apparently
there was a sheep and wool show on in Stawell so the farm probably wouldn't have been open to public that weekend, just my luck. Well I guess that's it for now.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Lorri said...

Thank you for your comments on my Shetland Lace Stole. Glad you are feeling better. The yarn is beautiful. It's too bad you can't touch yarn on someone's blog.

monica said...

Glad you are feeling a little better. Looks like you had a very nice long weekend. Too bad about the alpaca farm though :( Can't wait to see what you decide to do with the sari silk

Sue H said...

Hope all is well with you now. I so know how you feel; 2 weeks and I'm still coughing, though not as much.