Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Mini Wool Expo

I went to the Mini Wool Expo today that was held at the Brunswick Town Hall here in Melbourne and saw some wonderful yarns. No time to post pictures at the moment but I did spend some money. I bought some lace weight cashmere and I also bought some Sari Silk in beautiful purple and jewel colours and I could kick myself because I only bought one skein of the purple and only one of the mixed colour and I didn't get their business card so I can't contact her to get the other 2 skeins of purple, they probably sold them anyway.

I should have bought all three because I could have knitted a lovely top. Oh well, it will just have to be a scarf I guess. Sari silk has never appealed to me before but these are such gorgeous colours I couldn't resist.

The Lady who sells the beautiful angora yarns was there too. And I did get her card, however, yep you guessed it, I lost it. But all is not lost - I know that she is at the Art Centre every Sunday so I will be paying her a visit in the not too distant future. I absolutely loved her yarns, textures, colours everything she is very talented.

Artisan Books were there too and they had lots of lovely books. This was the first time I've been to this little expo and I enjoyed it, my son and DH not as much as I. I will post some photo's later on this week.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Sue H said...

I missed the expo. I also missed a training session I was meant to go to over the weekend. Don't know what happened to me this weekend, but it just sort of went without me noticing. Hmmm, am I having senior moments?

monica said...

I love going to expos and fiber festivals. It is so fun so see and feel all the yarns and fibers and see what others are making with them. Your shawl from a couple posts down is lovely, lucky you what a great exchange gift. Looking forward to the pictures from the expo.