I know I know, it has been ages since my last post but that's been due mainly to not having a camera. That's now back thank goodness and the best part is that there was nothing seriously wrong with it nor did it cost me any money. Apparently it was a sensor for which there was a recall by Nikon . I had no idea about the recall.
I have a couple of finished projects to show you. The first is the French Angora Lace scraf by Tink Knits - I really like the lace edging on it. The other is the Ultra Vest by Jo Sharp which was in hibernation for a while but it's all finished. I did it in Silkroad Ultra in Salsa and Birch colourway. All I need now is the cooler weather so I can wear these items. Not to worry I am sure winter will come soon enough.
I put the good news first showing off my FO but the truth is I have been bad also. I started another two new projects one of which I mentioned in my previous post and that is the Great American Afghan. The first block I knitted had an error in the written instructions. The second one I started was a request by Kim for the Tree of Life which is a lovely block but it too had an error in the written instructions so now I follow the chart.
I have no problems using a chart for my lace knitting but this is the first time I am using a chart for cables and it takes a bit of getting use to. I am glad I chose Cleckheaton Country 12ply for this project as it's going to take up 60 balls of yarn. Can you believe that? I have no idea how long this will take to finish. The basket of yarn sits next to the sofa so that if I get bored with a project and can turn to the basket and do a block of the afghan.
The other new one is this lovely hat scarf from Rowan Mag 42. I am using the Cocoon yarn in the Polar colour. This yarn is just a dream to knit with it is buttery soft. I just have to watch that the knitting needle doesn't split the yarn. I am using Knit Picks options but really I should be using Bamboo with a blunt point. I think this project I will finish in no time at all(at least I hope so at any rate).
I always seem to have a problem with V-necks and that's the stitch in the front that makes up the V. As you can see I made a blunder and had to pull it all back and re knit it.
There are a couple more projects I have on the go but I'll tell you about those another time because it's 1.32 am here right now and I really do need to go to bed.
Hope you all have a great weekend!